Friday, May 24, 2013

The Goblin King - Review



And....It's Friday! Yay! Here is my last foundry run of the week. Remember, after this I will be posting my choice for the week's foundry spotlight!

Description: Stop the Crowning rites of Mokrul the man-eating goblin! Meet Guard Frinko in the Protector's Enclave for more details.  
Plays: 15


Starting off
You are tasked to go talk to Guard Frinko about a Goblin causing trouble. Not much else to it. The quest did say to pull slow and from reading the reviews it seemed that this mission has stacked encounters. For this, I decided to bring a buddy along to help me review as well as not die helplessly to the packs I am about to come face to face with.

The Good
-----

The Bad
Constant Map transitions - There were several unneeded map transitions.

Lack of Dialog - There was some dialog but only at the start and end. The rest of the map was nothing but kill kill kill. I wasn't too pleased with that.

It felt just like a hack and slash - That is all I can say ._.

Fault (These are faults of the mission not caused by the author but the game)
None


Suggestions
Frinko - This is no joke: <---Why the colon? Perhaps "This is no joke!" Spell out Auction house as well. At the end as well. I don't know if it is suddenly all OOC or what. So confusing.

That Ruckus must have woken up the entire neighbourhood - Neighborhood is spelled wrong.

Use of space - The map of Seemingly Harmless pass is large! But only certain parts are used. You could work with this a bit more to make the whole thing a wonderful treasure trove of fun!

Princess Dialog - I would rework some of it. I had to reread it out loud a few times and it still felt awkward.

More Story - I would love to see there be an addition to more story to this or something halfway through. Perhaps someone who knows the Princess and is saying she has been taken..or something! It just felt like too much of a hack and slash.
   
Overall  2/5
The story that it had seemed dull and made fun of itself in several instances. There was a large map in the first half only only a bit of it got used. There were several map transitions where they were not needed and the ending just read weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment